Presented by Theresa Smith, OTR, PhD, CLVT
Course DescriptionThis course will explore the common visual diseases seen by occupational therapy practitioners and examine how they affect clients’ occupational performance along with identifying various methods to maximize functional vision. Pros and cons of optical and non-optical devices will be provided as well as beneficial environment modifications and intervention examples of using remaining senses as […]
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #02653. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify how common vision diseases affect occupational performance.
- Show how other senses can be used to compensate for low vision.
- Describe the pros and cons of optical devices.
- List important environmental modifications for clients with low vision.
- 0:00 - Introduction, prevalence, & definition of low vision
- 0:05 - Common vision diseases seen by practitioners, their effects on occupational performance, & interventions
- 0:20 - The occupational therapy evaluation
- 0:25 - Pros and cons of optical devices
- 0:35 - Non optical devices and the use of all senses
- 0:45 - Environmental modifications to maximize independence
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member at Texas Woman's University who conducts research related to the content of this presentation.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.