Introduction to Lymphedema
Presented by Tracy Winkley, PT, CWS, CLT, FACCWS, DAPWCA
Course DescriptionParticipants in the introductory course will receive an overview of the lymph system and its functions. Additionally, the course will discuss the causes of breakdown of the system that lead to lymphedema, along with the stages, characteristics that identify each stage, preferred treatments for lymphedema as well as precautions to observe when treating lymphedema patients […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 23-51082-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List three functions of the lymph system.
- Name two main types of lymphedema.
- Identify the stages of lymphedema and characteristics of each.
- List possible differential diagnoses.
- Name 4 precautions to follow when treating lymphedema patients for other issues.
- 0:00 - Overview of the lymph system and its functions
- 0:10 - Common causes of lymphedema and types
- 0:20 - Stages of lymphedema and characteristics of each stage
- 0:35 - Differential diagnoses and precautions to observe during unrelated therapy treatments
- 0:45 - Options for treating lymphedema
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a practitioner as well as the clinic coordinator of the wound healing center at Beauregard Health System in Louisiana.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter is a member of the American Professional Wound Care Association and American College of Clinical Wound Specialists, currently serving on the Board of Directors for the College.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.