Presented by Allison Stamm, MA, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course was designed to help support clinicians working with babies in support of breastfeeding. It will address development, medical considerations, therapeutic interventions, and a suggested team model to best support both the baby and family.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the stages and development of in utero swallowing.
- Name and define the roles of an interdisciplinary feeding/swallowing team.
- Define nipple readiness.
- List three ways that therapists can support breastfeeding.
- 0:00 - In utero swallowing
- 0:10 - The interdisciplinary team: PT/OT/SLP/Lactation/Social Work/RN/NNP
- 0:15 - Medical considerations
- 0:20 - Nippling readiness
- 0:30 - Therapeutic considerations/interventions
- 0:40 - How therapists support breastfeeding
- 0:45 - Referrals
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.