Presented by Morgan Nolte, PT, DPT Board-Certified Geriatric Clinical Specialist
Course DescriptionThis presentation explains how to reverse insulin resistance naturally with sustainable lifestyle changes. Topics discussed include: A detailed discussion of macronutrients including different types of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats; how to use time-restricted feeding to lower insulin; the best types of exercise to lower insulin; a discussion of sleep, stress, and toxins as they relate […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50843-1
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the three major types of carbohydrates.
- Describe the difference between how the three main macronutrients-carbohydrates, proteins, and fat impact insulin.
- Describe how a rise in chronic stress leads to a rise in insulin resistance.
- Describe barriers to implementing evidence-based weight loss strategies.
- Describe how sleep, stress, and toxins relate to insulin.
- 0:00 - How is insulin affected by different macronutrients?
- 0:10 - Different types of carbohydrates explained
- 0:20 - Discussion on different dietary proteins and fats
- 0:30 - Best and worst foods for insulin resistance
- 0:40 - Intermittent fasting and other lifestyle factors to lower insulin resistance
- 0:50 - Q/A plus discussion on barriers to implementation of recommendations
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter founded Zivli, LLC - an online course and coaching program that helps adults reverse insulin resistance for long-term weight loss and disease prevention, and has a trademark pending for the same.
- Presenter works as a PRN Physical Therapist for a homecare company.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter has a podcast/youtube channel where she frequently interviews other experts in the field such as Dr Ben Bikman, the author of Why We Get Sick.
- Presenter has been following a low insulin regimen in her personal life.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.