Presented by Kara Welke, OTD OTR/L CLT
Course DescriptionAs the older adult population continues to grow at a rapid rate, occupational and physical therapists face new challenges in helping individuals age in place. Older adults often lack the knowledge, equipment and home set up to allow them to remain at home safely. This presentation will showcase the importance of home assessment and modification, […]
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID 03592. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the impact of falls and the costs associated with falls.
- Identify professional screening options for falls that address Medicare & CDC Guidelines.
- Describe Medicare and CDC guideline recommendations for interventions.
- Explain the evidence for OT Home Safety Evaluations and the process involved.
- 0:00 - Introduction/review of objectives
- 0:05 - Impact of falls
- 0:10 - Screening options for falls
- 0:20 - Medicare and CDC guidelines
- 0:30 - Evidence supporting OT
- 0:40 - Case studies
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is the owner of Home Therapy Solutions, KDK Enterprises and Next Level Occupational Therapy.
- Presenter is the creator and benefits financially from the Therapy Business Builder Program and HAST Certification Program.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.