Presented by Krysten Sears, M.S., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course will cover voicing subsystems targeted in gender affirming voice & communication therapy, identify social barriers to voice & communication therapy, and provide an overview of therapy techniques unique to gender affirming & voice communication therapy.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify voicing subsystems targeted in gender affirming voice & communication therapy.
- Identify social barriers to voice & communication therapy.
- Identify at least one therapy technique unique to gender affirming & voice communication therapy.
- 0:00 - Intro/disclosures
- 0:03 - Multidisciplinary approach
- 0:06 - Role of SLP
- 0:10 - Medical considerations
- 0:13 - Intake/assessment
- 0:20 - Vocal health/phonotrauma
- 0:25 - Transfeminine voice training
- 0:30 - Pitch, intonation
- 0:35 - Resonance, articulation, volume
- 0:40 - Nonverbal communication
- 0:45 - Voice & communication for transmasculine & gender non-conforming individuals
- 0:50 - Considerations for discharge/maintenance
- 0:55 - Q/A session
- 1:00 - End course
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is paid a salary by the Medical University of South Carolina Hospital Authority.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter is a member of GLMA: Health Professionals Advancing LGBTQ Equality and has friends that are transgender.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.