Presented by Sarah Baar, MA, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionMild Cognitive Impairment is an emerging diagnosis with evidence to show that speech therapy for memory can be beneficial. This course will review pertinent concepts including Mild Cognitive Impairment, Cognitive Reserve, and the Life Participation Approach. We will look at best practices, and how to use them within functional scenarios to meaningfully impact functional outcomes […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Participants will describe 3 assessment tools for MCI that support assessment through a life-participation approach.
- Participants will be able to list 4+ strategies each for education, internal, and external memory supports.
- Participants will summarize what research factors are tied to cognitive reserve, and how this can be practically applied in therapy.
- 0:00 - Background of Mild Cognitive Impairment and Life Participation Approach
- 0:10 - MCI Assessment Tools with a Life Participation Mindset
- 0:25 - MCI Treatment Approaches
- 0:45 - MCI Home Program Ideas
- 0:55 - Q/A session
- 1:00 - End presentation
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is the founder and owner of Honeycomb Speech Therapy.
- Presenter is the owner of a private practice.
- Presenter will briefly mention the "Functional Treatment for MCI" download and the "Activity Studio" that are available through her company Honeycomb Speech Therapy. This course is not designed to discuss these resources in-depth.
- Presenter is an Affiliate and Instructor for MedBridge.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter is a chapter author in Neurogenic Communication Disorders and the Life Participation Approach.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.