Presented by Caroline Morris, PT, DPT, GCS, WHC
Course DescriptionFrustrated by repeat patients who never seem to maintain their gains from therapy? This interactive course will examine the role of health behaviors in the effective management of chronic conditions. Using the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change as a guiding framework, we will identify stages of behavior change and target interventions to specific stages. Self-reflection […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50848-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define chronic conditions encountered by rehabilitation professionals.
- Identify health behaviors related to chronic conditions.
- Describe the Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change.
- Identify barriers and facilitators of change.
- Apply principles of the Transtheoretical Model to treatment planning.
- 0:00 - Welcome and introduction
- 0:05 - Most common chronic conditions encountered by rehabilitation professionals
- 0:10 - Pop quiz: High impact health behaviors
- 0:15 - High impact health behaviors
- 0:20 - Self reflection activity: Personal adherence to high impact health behaviors
- 0:25 - Overview of Transtheoretical Model of Behavior Change
- 0:30 - Self-reflection activity: States of change
- 0:35 - Barriers/facilitators of change
- 0:40 - Self reflection activity: Personal barriers/facilitators
- 0:45 - Treatment plan based on stages of change
- 0:50 - Self- reflection activity: Personal action steps
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member of Virginia Hospital center and Marymount University.
- Presenter is a professional health coach and will describe some of the tools she uses in the presentation.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.