Feeding Infants with Congenital Heart Defects (CHD)
Presented by Victoria Feaster, CCC-SLP, CNT
Course DescriptionThis course will include information on the incidence of developmental co-morbidities in infants with CHD, factors related to CHD that impact pre-operative and post-operative feeding ability, the components of a feeding evaluation and strategies that assist infants with feeding difficulty, IDDSI and the impact of thickening on feeding and flow rate, and considerations for safe […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List components of a feeding evaluation.
- Describe three strategies to assist infants with feeding difficulty.
- Describe the International Dysphagia Diet Initiative (IDDSI) and how thickening variables can impact infant feeding and nipple flow rate.
- 0:00 - Incidence and prevalence of developmental co-morbidities in infants with CHD
- 0:05 - Factors related to CHD that impact feeding ability
- 0:15 - Components of a CHD feeding evaluation
- 0:25 - Strategies that assist with infant feeding difficulty and treating dysphagia
- 0:35 - IDDSI, thickening, and feeding/flow rate
- 0:45 - Considerations for discharge
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.