Presented by Jerome Quellier MS, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to dive more deeply into speaking valve utilization, evidence-based research supporting application for swallowing/voice restoration, and troubleshooting difficult placements. In line vent placement and steps towards decannulation will also be reviewed. This companion course will expand base knowledge from Part 1.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Advanced Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify adaptations and alternatives for difficult speaking valve placements.
- List evidence-based literature surrounding valve use for voice/swallowing.
- Demonstrate how to trouble-shoot and solve barriers to successful speaking valve placement.
- Describe the steps towards decannulation for the trach’d adult.
- 0:00 - Overview basic trach anatomy/function, secretion management
- 0:05 - Selection criteria/adaptations to speaking valves
- 0:15 - Review of evidence-based research supporting valve use
- 0:25 - Case study: A failure to deflate cuff
- 0:30 - Trouble-shooting difficult placements
- 0:40 - In-line vent application
- 0:50 - Steps toward decannulation
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter based on current theories and standards of practice as well as current literature and research. Focus is on recent advances and trends, and or research.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Instructor is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Instructor is a PESI Education Independent Contractor – Lecturer, and lectures a full 6-hour course on trach/vent for PESI.
- Instructor is an employee of Regions Hospital.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Instructor is a member of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association (ASHA).
- Instructor holds Minnesota SLP Licensure.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.