Chronic Pain: Cognitive Behavioral Approach in Rehabilitation
Presented by Ulysses Juntilla, PT, DPT, OCS, FAAOMPT
Course DescriptionRehabilitation providers have begun to incorporate pain education into their treatment protocols to influence the patient’s experience, belief, and knowledge to improve their condition and it has shown to be an effective treatment option for the management of chronic pain. The purpose of this course is to familiarize approaches in managing chronic pain.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Advanced Level; Professional Area).
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID 02968. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 21-50692-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Discriminate common outcome measures used in measuring fear avoidance, kinesiophobia and catastrophization.
- Recognize factors of persistent pain including peripheral and central sensitizations.
- Appraise the different CBT techniques utilized among rehabilitation practitioners.
- Summarize the premise of self care management in chronic pain.
- 0:00 - Definition of pain, epidemiology
- 0:10 - Acute versus chronic pain
- 0:20 - Sensitizations (peripheral and central)
- 0:30 - Outcome measures
- 0:40 - Barriers, facilitators in chronic pain management
- 0:50 - Cognitive behavioral approaches
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter based on current theories and standards of practice as well as current literature and research. Focus is on recent advances and trends, and or research.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member at the Department of Veterans Affairs health system in Columbia, South Carolina.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.