Chemotherapy: What it Means for the Rehab Pro
Presented by Dr. Elise K. Cantu, PT - Board Certified Oncologic Clinical Specialist - LANA-Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Course DescriptionThis course designed to introduce physical therapists & occupational therapists to the basics of chemotherapy & how chemotherapy affects a person. This live course will focus on the broad categories & side effects of chemotherapy. This course will also include a brief case review of short- & long-term effects of chemotherapy on a person’s functional […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 21-50681-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe chemotherapy and its uses.
- Understand commonly used chemotherapies and how they affect the body.
- Explain long-term effects of chemotherapy on functional mobility.
- Apply knowledge gained to a patient case example.
- 0:00 - Introduction, review of course objectives, agenda
- 0:05 - Introduction to cancer and how cancer affects the body
- 0:10 - Introduction to chemotherapy and why it is used in cancer treatment
- 0:20 - Overview of chemotherapy classes and their side effects
- 0:45 - Case review and interactive discussion; Q&A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is an oncology CE instructor for other companies.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member of Texas Christian University.
- Presenter is a pediatric lymphedema consultant with Brylan’s Feat Foundation.
- Presenter is the voice behind TheOncoPT podcast.
- Presenter is a core team member of Survivorship Solutions.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Presenter's grandmother is a cancer survivor.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.