Burn Care & Rehabilitation: An Overview of Therapy Management, Part One
Presented by Jonatan Niszczak, MS, OTR/L, BT-C
Course DescriptionThis course will provide an overview on burn care and rehabilitation. The focus for the program is to provide the attendee with the basic knowledge and skills required for effective management of burn care and to effectively provide interventions to support the functional recovery of the burn survivor.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 05714. This Distance Learning-Independent and Distance Learning-Interactive is offered at .1 CEUs, introductory level, OT Service Delivery. The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 23-50917-1
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the basics of therapy management for burn injuries.
- Describe overall care and management for burns in both acute and rehab stages.
- Participants will be able to identify effective rehab strategies for patients and caregivers along the continuum of care.
- 0:00 - History of burn care
- 0:10 - Incidence and etiology
- 0:20 - Burn classification
- 0:35 - Skin anatomy and function
- 0:45 - Burn classification and type
- 0:55 - Burn complications
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is employed by Bio Med Sciences, Inc. and Thomas Jefferson Hospital Burn Unit.
- Presenter works as a consultant and presents information related to burn rehabilitation.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- Member of the American Burn Association.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.