Presented by Mallory L. Millet, MS, SLP, IFS, CIMI-II
Course DescriptionIn the market today, there is an abundance of baby brands selling a multitude of bottle systems without regulations. There is limited information on why bottle systems are different and what indicates use of one over another. This course teaches clinicians to identify and describe differences in bottle nipple shapes and flow rates and identify […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and describe differences in bottle nipple shapes and flow rates.
- Identify bottle appropriateness based on client specifics.
- 0:00 - Introduction/ Oral anatomy- review of the oral mechanism and typical infant suck- swallow- breath rhythms.
- 0:10 - Bottle Nipple Types- breakdown the differences in bottle nipples including shape, size and texture.
- 0:20 - Bottle Flow Rates- breakdown the differences in flow rates, discuss age ranges listed on packaging.
- 0:30 - Oral dysphagia and Bottle Choice- how and why bottle choice affects oral motor functioning and development.
- 0:45 - Case Studies – examples of when and why to change bottle nipple; how to decide from the beginning.
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.