Assistive Technology for Language Based Learning Needs
Presented by Sara Valli M.A., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course will discuss specific assistive technology to support reading and writing in the classroom. A middle school case study will be included. Options for how to provide direct instruction for students with language based needs in the use of independent assistive technology for reading and writing in the classroom will be reviewed. This course […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Participants will identify a minimum of three assistive technology supports for students with language based learning needs.
- Participants will apply knowledge on how to instruct students in the use of independent assistive technology for reading and writing in the classroom.
- Participants will demonstrate the ability to include assistive technology in student IEPs.
- 0:00 - Quick overview of the Quality Indicators for Assistive Technology (QIAT)
- 0:10 - Case study of middle school student with language based needs
- 0:30 - Specific assistive technology instruction
- 0:45 - Including needs based assistive technology in an IEP and supporting classroom staff
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from Fall Mountain Regional School District.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.