Presented by Katie Brown, MA, CCC-SLP, CBIS
Course DescriptionDo SLPs know what their clients with aphasia want? Current research shows the goals of those living with aphasia and clinicians are not always congruent. This course focuses on shifting clinical perspective towards a person-centered approach, the Life Participation Approach to Aphasia. Attendees will learn how to integrate the approach into evidence-based aphasia assessment and […]
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Intermediate Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- List the core values of the Life Participation Approach to Aphasia.
- Apply the Living with Aphasia: Framework for Outcome Measurement (A-FROM; Kagan et al., 2008) model to aphasia treatment.
- Identify ways in which the core LPAA principles can be integrated into at least three evidence-based aphasia treatment techniques.
- 0:00 - Introduction to the Life Participation Approach to Aphasia (LPAA)
- 0:10 - Application of the Living with Aphasia: Framework for Outcome Measurement (A-FROM) for person-centered intervention
- 0:20 - Assessment & goal setting focused on life participation
- 0:30 - Adapting treatment interventions to focus on life participation
- 0:40 - 2 case examples of patients using LPAA & A-FROM to focus on life participation
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.