Presented by Moses Costigan, BOccThy, Registered Occupational Therapist (AUS)
Course DescriptionThis course will provide a concise yet comprehensive introduction to trauma-informed care and practice for rehab professionals. Participants will learn how to utilize trauma-informed care in their practice and explore the impact of exposure to trauma and the incidence of trauma in different populations and clinical contexts.
Meet Your Presenter
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #04762. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the role of trauma-informed care and practice in providing safe and effective care to trauma survivors.
- Identify the incidence, and impacts, of exposure to trauma in different populations and clinical contexts.
- Describe key principles of trauma-informed care and practice.
- List three of the neurobiological impacts of exposure to trauma and adversity.
- 0:00 - The role of trauma-informed care in providing safe and effective care
- 0:10 - The incidence and impacts of exposure to trauma in different populations and clinical contexts
- 0:30 - The key principles of trauma-informed care and practice
- 0:45 - Introduction to the neurobiological impacts of exposure to trauma and adversity
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from NSW Ministry of Health.
- Presenter owns and benefits monetarily from Providence Wellbeing.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.