Presented by Brett McCardel, MS, CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course is designed to serve as an introduction to different types of discourse analyses that can be performed when working with people with aphasia. Emphasis will also be placed on discourse-level treatment approaches, and how a focus on discourse analysis and treatment can be applied using a Life Participation Approach to Aphasia.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Participants will be able to describe the differences between several types of discourse (e.g., narrative discourse, procedural discourse, expository discourse).
- Participants will be able to describe the differences between microlinguistic and macrolinguistic measures.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 3 discourse analysis tasks that can be performed in a clinical setting.
- Participants will be able to identify at least 3 discourse-level treatment approaches.
- Participants will be able to describe how a focus on discourse analysis and treatment can be applied using a Life Participation Approach to Aphasia.
- 0:00 - Overview of types of discourse and the importance of discourse analysis
- 0:10 - Discourse analysis tasks and how to perform them
- 0:30 - Discourse-level treatment approaches
- 0:45 - Incorporating a life participation approach to discourse analysis and treatment
- 0:50 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is the owner of Archways: Aphasia Rehabilitation Services PLLC.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.