Presented by Melanie Y. Evans, M.S., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionCultural competemility is the marriage between cultural competency and cultural humility. This course will define “culture” as a concept, define the ethics of cultural competence, explain the difference between cultural competence and cultural humility, and identify ways cultural competence and cultural humility coincide within the context of providing speech-language pathology services.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define “culture” as a concept.
- Define the ethics of cultural competence.
- Explain the difference between cultural competence and cultural humility.
- Identify ways cultural competence and cultural humility coincide.
- Describe at least 3 ways cultural competemility can be practiced in our field.
- 0:00 - Topic introduction and overview
- 0:10 - Culture and intersectionality discussion
- 0:20 - Cultural competemility and ethics
- 0:30 - Cultural competemility frameworks
- 0:45 - Application of cultural competemility in speech-language pathology (i.e., interprofessional practice, fostering relationships, assessment, treatment planning and implementation)
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from Therapitas.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- My personal and professional work with multicultural students and families influence my experience mentioned in the course.
- I do have a bias based on religious and spiritual tenants for all service delivery factored into the cultural competemility framework.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.