Presented by Vicki Graham, M.S., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionSLPs face many challenges, including unexpected behaviors and how to deal with them. This course will give information to pediatric SLPs on behaviors you might encounter in your practice and tools for responding well.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe framework for analysis of behaviors/communication breakdowns.
- Identify challenging behaviors presented by both neurotypical and neurodiverse children.
- List techniques for responding appropriately to challenging behaviors in the clinical setting.
- 0:00 - Introduction: Behavior is communication—we should be good at this
- 0:10 - Typical challenging behaviors in speech-language therapy practice
- 0:20 - Challenging behaviors in neurotypical population (dysregulation/sensory)
- 0:30 - More serious misbehavior, defined
- 0:40 - Ways to address misbehavior
- 0:50 - Modeling/tips for parents
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + exam
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried employee at Dynamic Therapy Center.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.