Presented by Kathryn Ellis, OTD, OTR/L
Course DescriptionSexuality and intimacy are meaningful life occupations and humans are sexual beings womb to tomb. Despite the importance of sexuality and intimacy, healthcare providers are often unprepared to address sexuality in clinical practice. Participants will build their personal comfort level discussing sex and intimacy with clients and enhance competency addressing common challenges and goals.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID #02274. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU. Introductory, Service Delivery.
- This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 21-50644-1.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an increased comfort with addressing sexual activity and intimate social participation with their clients.
- Connect suggestions for self-reflection and recognizing and reconciling biases related to sexuality which would negatively influence the therapeutic relationship.
- Apply specific intervention strategies for clients in their domain of practice for sex and intimacy interventions.
- Generalize information from the course into practice at their facility focusing on advocacy, education, and intervention for sex and intimacy occupations.
- 0:00 - Introduction: Objectives, agenda, disclaimers
- 0:05 - Sexual identity components
- 0:10 - Self-reflection and recognizing and reconciling bias
- 0:20 - Suggestions and advice for discussing sex with clients
- 0:30 - Discussion on desire and arousal
- 0:35 - Case examples using questions from survey
- 0:45 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- The presenter is the founder of the Institute for Sex, Intimacy & Occupational Therapy and will be discussing products and services she provides.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
- The presenter would like to disclose that she is a white, straight, cisgender/woman.
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.