Presented by Daniel Flatt, M.S., CCC-SLP
Course DescriptionThis course will make the case for implementing traditional evidence-based language therapies within the context of nature. Reviewing his own experience developing nature-based intervention and translating nature-based pedagogy into speech-language pathology, the presenter provides recommendations for clinicians and researchers for bringing children and families we serve outdoors.
Meet Your Presenter
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe nature-based pedagogy and benefits of time in nature.
- Define key terms used in nature-based pedagogy and how they relate to traditional language therapy.
- Identify ways to apply traditional speech-language therapy using nature-based intervention strategies.
- List ways to support families in facilitating language within outdoor contexts.
- 0:00 - Benefits of time in nature and trending nature-based early childhood education
- 0:10 - Nature-based pedagogy to familiarize the SLP on current practices
- 0:20 - Argument for considering nature-based intervention practices
- 0:30 - Applying nature-based pedagogy to established speech-language therapy practices
- 0:40 - Case study: outdoor program at multidisciplinary clinic
- 0:55 - Q/A
- 1:00 - End course + quiz
Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.
Live Course Information
Recorded Course Information
Instructor Financial Disclosures
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried employee of Dynamic Therapy Center.
Instructor Non-financial Disclosures
Certificates of Completion
Refunds & Cancellation
Please see our full refund and cancellation policies here.