Course Webinar: Occupational Therapy's Role in Ergonomics During and Post COVID-19
Course description: This course will address the increased need of occupational therapy intervention in the field of office ergonomics in the setting of the COVID-19 pandemic. Occupational therapists have a long history in paving the way for best practice outcomes in human occupations and this course will explore the benefit of occupational therapy intervention for office workers making the shift to home-based work.
Presented by Elsa Escobedo-Lopez OT, CEA
Date: Friday, June 18, 2021
Time: 11 am pacific | 12 pm mountain | 1 pm central | 2 pm eastern
Elsa Escobedo-Lopez received her occupational therapy degree from Texas Woman’s University in 1988. Since then, she has worked in many different settings focusing on orthopedics, hand therapy and in industrial rehabilitation. With this experience, Ms. Escobedo Lopez discovered a passion for office ergonomics and recently created WAHOO Ergonomics Consultatives Services. WAHOO focuses on addressing the needs of a growing number of device users and the risks associated with this occupation. Additionally, Ms. Escobedo-Lopez created online courses aimed at supporting ergonomics for occupational therapists in collaboration with physical therapists, ergonomists, and work injury specialists.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: Rehabilitation clinicians, including occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants that work in an outpatient, rehabilitation or home health setting with clients that are working.
Course accreditation: Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID will be posted prior to course.
0:00 - Introduction and Objectives
0:10 - Importance of sleep with PWD and caregivers
0:30 - Treatment for sleep in PWD
0:40 - Significance of treating sleep in PWD and caregivers
0:50 - Q&A
1:00 - End course + quiz
Instructional level: Intermediate (Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter. Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.)
Key learning outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to...
- Define the relevance of occupational therapy and ergonomics for the office worker and device user.
- Demonstrate the benefit of occupational adaptation in workspace needs for the client.
- Describe case examples of engineering, behavioral, and administrative interventions as related to providing therapeutic solutions for best outcomes.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be made available on June 19, 2021.
- The course will be available for CEUs until June 18, 2026.
- You may register before the course is available and will receive an email with the link to the course once it becomes available.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter owns WAHOO Ergonomics Consultative Service which provides consultation in ergonomics to small businesses utilizing therapeutic principles for ergonomic considerations.
- Presenter creates and teaches online courses to occupational therapy professionals and provides mentoring services for the topic of office ergonomics.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 5-10 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.