Course Webinar: Weasilience: Traumatic Brain Injury and Resilience
Course description: This course taught speech, occupational, and physical therapists how to define resilience, list three resilience lessons that relate to overcoming adversity, and list three strategies to increase resilience in the context of brain injury recovery. Using her 20+ years of brain injury recovery and research insights, Carole Starr taught how to move forward after a life-changing brain injury.
Presented by Carole Starr, M.S.
Originally presented: Tuesday, September 22, 2020
Carole Starr is a brain injury survivor, national keynote speaker, author of the award-winning book To Root & To Rise: Accepting Brain Injury and the founder/facilitator of Brain Injury Voices, a nationally recognized survivor volunteer group in Maine.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: Speech, occupational, and physical therapists working in rehabilitation settings who are providing therapy for people who have survived traumatic brain injuries.
- This program is offered for .1 ASHA CEUs, (Introductory Level; Professional Area).
- Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID# 00710. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU. Introductory, Foundational Knowledge.
ASHA subject code: 1060
ASHA content area: P—Professional: Information and techniques dealing with the diagnosis and treatment of speech, language, and hearing disorders; this content code is used by audiologists and SLPs directly in their work with clients.
0:00 - Introductions and lecture begins.
0:50 - Finalize lecture and address any remaining questions from participants.
1:00 - Lecture ends and exam opens up for participants.
Instructional level: Introductory (Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.)
Course pre-requisites: None.
Key learning outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to...
- Define resilience.
- List three "Weasilience" lessons that relate to overcoming adversity.
- List three strategies to increase resilience.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be available for CEUs until September 23, 2025.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives royalties from her book sales on Amazon.
- Presenter will mention her book as a step in her resilience journey during her presentation.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 5-10 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.