Med SLP Bundle: Oral Care
The Oral Care Bundle includes the following files:
- Handout: How to Complete Oral Care
- Oral care is frequently overlooked in hospital, rehabilitation, and long-term care settings. This handout describes step-by-step instructions for completing oral care, with specific care instructions for people who have dentures or who are at high risk for aspiration. This handout is designed for staff, patients, family, and caregivers to improve the quality of oral care and reducing the risks associated with oral bacteria in the body.
- Handout: Oral Care and Overall Health
- Oral care continues to be one of the most powerful preventative cares in rehabilitation and long-term care settings. This handout describes the latest research showing the effect that oral care can have on overall health, including brain function, heart longevity, and diabetes management.
- Handout: Oral Care and Aspiration Pneumonia
- Handout designed for Speech-Language Pathologists to provide to staff, patients, and family to help communicate the importance of oral care to prevent aspiration pneumonia.
Full access PDF is $16. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 3 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 13.5 MB.