Med SLP Bundle: Cognitive-Linguistic Sequencing (Pack 1)
The Cognitive-Linguistic Sequencing Bundle includes the following files:
- Cognitive-Linguistic Task: 7 Visual Sequencing Steps to Safely Stand Up From a Wheelchair
- One of the most popular reasons for referring patients to Speech-Language Pathologists is to improve safety with sequencing the steps required to safely stand from a wheelchair. Patients may need assistance with memorizing these steps due to memory impairments, poor attention, or poor carryover from verbal cues to real-life steps. These cue cards can be cut and laminated. Suggested therapy task: Provide a model of how to sequence the steps properly (not everyone will require all the steps). Mix up the cards and have the patient sequence them independently. Co-treat with PT to improve carry-over to physical tasks.
- Cognitive-Linguistic Task: Following Multi-Step Directions Using the Visualization Strategy
- 8 sets of multi-step directions spanning in difficulty from 1-step to 4-step to before/after instructions. These tasks are designed to be able to be completed with supplies you find in a therapy gym; they are designed to be completed with the use of one arm/hand. The task includes instructions on how to use a visualization strategy to improve carry-over to functional tasks.
- Make-Your-Own ADL Sequencing Board: Bathing and Dressing
- This make-your-own board is designed for speech-language pathologists targeting sequencing with patients who are in rehabilitation settings who would benefit from visual step-by-step instructions for dressing and bathing. SLPs can cut out steps that pertain to individual patients and place them on a board in a customized sequence.
- Sequencing Task: VIsualizing Steps to Put on a Nasal Cannula
- This therapy task is designed for speech-language pathologists working with people in rehabilitation settings who benefit from visual cues to independently place nasal cannula. Includes 3 steps of task with clear visuals.
Full access PDF is $20. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 7 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 5 MB. Must be opened on a computer, not a phone or tablet.