Knots on a Counting Rope Book + Activities Pack
In Knots on a Counting Rope, Bill Martin, Jr. and John Archambault tell a poignant story about a boy’s emerging confidence in facing his blindness in this beautiful children’s picture book illustrated by Ted Rand.
By the warmth of a campfire beneath a starry night sky, a Navajo youth named Boy-Strength-of-Blue-Horses listens to the tale of his birth from his grandfather. Although blind, the boy learns that he has the strength to cope with his condition and meet any challenge that comes his way.
“The powerful, spare, poetic text is done full justice by Rand’s fine full-color illustrations…The love, hope, and courage expressed are universal.”― Booklist (starred review)
The accompanying therapy materials include semantic activities target expanding vocabulary skills and improving reading comprehension skills. We also include phonemic activities targeting rhyming and listening for target sounds during or after reading the book.
Full access PDF is $8. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
If you purchase the book + printed copy, 1 printed color copy of the accompanying materials plus a real book will be delivered to your mailbox. Does not include access to PDF file.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 3 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 13.3 MB.