Oral Mech Exam Visual Cards
***FREE RESOURCE FOR ALL THERAPISTS WORKING DURING COVID-19***
Completing an oral mech exam with someone who is deaf or hard of hearing, or while wearing a mask or other PPE can be a challenge. These 3x5 inch cards can be cut, laminated, and used to guide the patient through the steps of the oral mech exam. Clean thoroughly between use, or print a fresh copy for each test.
This is a comprehensive set of cards. Select which cards are appropriate for each individual exam.
Tip: When cutting out the cards, place a number on the back of each card so that they are easily sequenced.
Tech specs: Digital download. 8 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 9.1 MB.
Full access PDF is free during COVID-19. Once downloaded, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
If you purchase 20 color copies, 20 printed color copies will be delivered to your mailbox. Does not include access to PDF file.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- To digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.