Med SLP Bundle: Cognitive-Linguistic Attention Tasks
The Cognitive-Linguistic Attention Tasks Bundle includes the following files:
- 5 Alternating Attention Tasks (no language required)
- These 5 alternating attention tasks require patients to alternate attention between the objects ordered at the top of the page and the objects randomly placed below. These tasks do not require the patient to read and may work for people who have aphasia or when there is a language barrier.
- Alternating Attention & Visual Scanning: Matching Numbers to Letters
- This task is designed to tackle alternating attention and visual scanning. Patients are required to match a number to a letter in order to find the punchlines to jokes.
- Alternating Attention Task
- The classic task that asks patients to alternate their attention between letters and numbers. In this case, the letters and numbers are color coded.
- Sequencing and Attention Task
- A classic sequencing and attention task where patients are asked to find the letters of the alphabet in order from A-Z in the context of jargon words.
- Alternating Attention Tasks
- Challenge #1: Connect the dots by drawing lines between them. Connect them in order of the colors listed on the left side of the page.
- Challenge #2: Connect the dots by drawing lines between them. Connect them in order of the colors listed on the left side of the page. Connect them in numerical order.
- Challenge #3: Connect the objects by drawing lines between them. Connect them in order of the objects listed on the left side of the page.
- Challenge #2: Connect the objects by drawing lines between them. Connect them in order of the objects listed on the left side of the page. Connect them in numerical order.
- Cognitive-Linguistic Task: Card Sorting with Visuals
- This task is designed for speech-language pathologists addressing attention, processing speed, and working memory within a structured rehabilitation setting. The product includes information designed for patients' families on how to use these tasks outside of therapy to provide additional opportunities to address goals. It also includes three pages of visuals to help structure the tasks and provide visual cues.
Full access PDF is $30. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 20 pages. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 28 MB.