Course Webinar: Work Stress and Burnout: What They Are and How to Manage Them
Presented by Mary Moeller, M.A.
Date: Thursday, January 21, 2021
Time: 4 pm pacific | 5 pm mountain | 6 pm central | 7 pm eastern
Mary Moeller, M.A. is a doctoral candidate in clinical psychology at Bowling Green State University and a psychology intern at the Milwaukee VA Medical Center. Through both her research and clinical work, she has developed a passion for working with medical staff and helping reduce burnout and job-related stress so that they may be healthier and better serve the patients they care for.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: Physical therapists, physical therapy assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, and speech-language pathologists.
ASHA subject code: 7010 (Service Delivery Associated With Speech, Language, Hearing, and Related Disorders)
ASHA content area: R—Related: Study pertaining to the understanding of human behavior, both typical and atypical, as well as services available from related professions that apply to the contemporary practices of audiology and/or speech-language pathology.
0:00: Overview of work-related stress and burnout
0:10: Causes and factors related to stress and burnout, both at an individual and systemic level
0:25: Ways to reduce stress and burnout; coping skills participants can use at work and at home
0:45: Stress and burnout as they relate to COVID-19 and how to manage those symptoms as effectively as possible
1:00: End presentation
Instructional level: Introductory (Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.)
Key learning outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to...
- Define work stress and burnout.
- Identify the multi-factorial contributors toward burnout on both an individual and systemic level.
- List 3 ways to reduce feelings of work-related stress and burnout in their own lives.
- Define burnout as it relates to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be made available on January 22, 2021.
- The course will be available for purchase as a recorded course until January 21, 2025.
- Once you register, you will have 30 days to access and complete the course.
- You may register before the course is available and will receive an email with the link to the course once it becomes available.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is employed at Bowling Green State University and Milwaukee VAMC.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 5-10 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.
- Once the exam is completed and you have provided feedback about the course, you will receive an emailed certificate of completion with course title, course instructor name/title, learning objectives, your name, your license number (if desired), and a signature from the CE Task Force director confirming completion of course.
Special accommodations: Please email us with any special needs (e.g., people with hearing loss, people with learning disabilities, etc) prior to the event.
Complaint policy: In the event that an individual is not satisfied with the organization’s continuing education program, we request a formal letter of complaint from the individual that outlines their concerns in writing. For more information, please read our full complaint policy.
Refund policy in the event that a participant cancels their registration.
In the event that a participant/subscriber registers for the live course and then cancels participation, no refund will be provided. The participant will have the opportunity to access the recorded presentation at no additional cost as part of their subscription or registration fee.