Course Webinar: Strategies for Rehabilitation Therapists to Avoid Burnout
Course description: Burnout is very prevalent among rehabilitation therapists. We give 100% of ourselves and it is important that we take the steps necessary to avoid burnout. Learn confidence-boosting strategies, self-advocacy, resiliency, and self-care strategies to manage a stressful career, family, and personal life for balance and overall wellness.
Presented by Aimee E. Ketchum, OTD, OTR/L, CNMI
Live course date: Thursday, September 23, 2021
Time: 10 am pacific | 11 am mountain | 12 pm central | 1 pm eastern
Dr. Aimee Ketchum is a pediatric OT with 24 years of experience who currently practices in the NICU and serves as a professor in the OT doctorate department of Cedar Crest College. Dr. Ketchum creates and teaches workshops on early child development through PA Keys and is also the founding director of Aimee’s Babies, LLC and creator of STEM Starts Now, digital parenting program. Dr. Ketchum recently had her book, “See Occupational Therapists Run,” published by See Us Run Publishing. Her baby development DVDs and apps have been featured on the Rachael Ray show and her work has been recognized with the prestigious Word Gap Challenge Award from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: OTs, COTAs, PTs, PTAs, SLPs, SLPAs, and other healthcare professionals, in any setting, struggling with stress and burnout.
Therapy Insights is an AOTA Approved Provider of professional development. Course approval ID 02968. This webinar is offered at 1 CEU.
0:00 - Introductions and background
0:10 - Definition/prevalence of Burnout
0:20 - Confidence in the field of rehabilitation therapy
0:25 - Resources
0:30 - Self-Advocacy
0:40 - Continuing Education Demands
0:45 - Physical Demands
0:50 - Compassion Fatigue
0:55 - Q/A Session
Instructional level: Introductory (Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.)
Key learning outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to...
- Identify practical strategies to avoid burnout and manage on-the-job stressors.
- Identify signs of burnout and how it affects life balance.
- Demonstrate problem solving strategies to build confidence and resilience.
- Describe strategies to benefit them in their life roles, facilitating holistic wellness.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be made available by September 30, 2021.
- The course will be available for CEUs until September 22, 2026.
- You may register before the course is available and will receive an email with the link to the course once it becomes available.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member at Cedar Crest College and works as an occupational therapist for UPMC Hospital.
- Presenter wrote the book See Occupational Therapists Run and benefits monetarily from its sales.
- Presenter is the founder of Aimee’s Babies, LLC and creator of STEM Starts Now which she benefits from monetarily.
- The presenter would like to disclose that she is a white, straight, cisgender/woman.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 3-5 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.