Course Webinar: Managing Constipation: Clinical Implications for Rehab Professionals
Course description: This course is for rehab clinicians wanting to understand the causes of constipation and analyze the various therapeutic considerations. The course reviews a practical case to illustrate therapeutic strategies.
Presented by Ziya "Z" Altug, PT, DPT, MS, OCS
Date: Wednesday, January 19, 2022
Time: 4 pm pacific | 5 pm mountain | 6 pm central | 7 pm eastern
Ziya “Z” Altug, PT, DPT, MS, OCS, is a board-certified doctor of physical therapy. He has over 30 years of clinical experience in treating musculoskeletal conditions. Z. Altug uses integrative and lifestyle medicine to help his patients and clients recover and heal. He is the author of the book Integrative Healing (Cedar Fort, Inc, 2018). He treats patients privately in Los Angeles and serves as a lecturer for several universities. His website is www.integrativedpt.com.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: OTs, OTAs, PTs, PTAs and SLPs who work with adults and children in a rehabilitation setting.
This course has been Approved by CERS, an Approval Agency for the California Board of Physical Therapy. CERS Course Approval #: 22-50791-1.
0:00 - Introduction to definitions and facts about Osteoporosis
0:10 - Review lifestyle medicine considerations such as nutrition, sleep risky substances, and fall prevention guidelines
0:20 - Exercise therapy considerations such as exercise prescription guidelines, posture training, functional exercise, sports, weighted vests, Tai chi, Pilates, and home programs
0:50 - Q/A
Instructional level: Intermediate (Information is geared to practitioners with a general working knowledge of current practice trends and literature related to the subject matter.Focus is on increasing understanding and competent application of the subject matter.)
Key learning outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to...
- Cite the incidence and prevalence of Constipation.
- Identify the causes of Constipation.
- Review basic assessment strategies.
- Analyze various therapy considerations.
- Apply a basic case study to understand selected treatment strategies.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be made available by January 26, 2022.
- The course will be available for CEUs until January 19, 2027.
- You may register before the course is available and will receive an email with the link to the course once it becomes available.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter works for a home PT agency.
- Presenter is a speaker for other continuing education programs such as Physioplus.
- Presenter has published the book Integrative Healing in 2018.
- Presenter holds intellectual property rights on the content being presented in this course in the form of a case study on the topic published in PT magazine.
Presenter is a member of American College of Lifestyle Medicine.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 5-10 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.