Course Webinar: Keeping Your Passion Burning Without Burning Out
Course description: Burnout is a type of work-related stress. For those of us that love our work and our job, it can feel very disorienting to balance the emotions of loving the work and also feeling burnt out. In this course, we will explore what burnout is, what possible causes can be, and how we can protect ourselves from burning out in order to be the best clinical providers we can be.
Presented by Ginger Geldreich Jones, M.A., CCC-SLP
Date: Friday, February 18th, 2022
Time: 8 am pacific | 9 am mountain | 10 am central | 11 am eastern
Ginger Jones is a speech-language pathologist and is also the Founder and CEO of Jones Therapy Services, a pediatric therapy clinic with 10 locations in Tennessee. In the last 12 years, the company has received numerous awards such as a ranking on the Inc 5000 list from 2016-2019 and was named one of the Best Places to Work in Nashville. Additionally, Ginger has received recognition as one of Nashville’s 40 under 40 professionals and in 2018 was named Woman of the Year Champion by Enterprising Women. In 2019, she was named Woman of Influence and Most Admired CEO by the Nashville Business Journal.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: Physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech-language pathologists therapists who work with children and adults.
0:00 - Introduction and personal story
0:05 - Definition and signs and symptoms of burnout
0:10 - Strategies to implement to avoid burnout
0:40 - Goal setting for personal accountability
0:45 - Q&A
0:55 - Wrap up/Closing
1:00 - End presentation
Instructional level: Introductory (Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.)
Key learning outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to...
- Identify the causes and symptoms of burnout.
- List strategies that can be implemented to avoid burnout.
- Formulate personal goals to ensure we are putting our best selves forward to our patients.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be made available by February 25, 2022.
- The course will be available for CEUs until February 18, 2027.
- You may register before the course is available and will receive an email with the link to the course once it becomes available.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter receives a salary from Jones Therapy Services.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 3-5 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.