Course Webinar: Differences Between Picky Eaters and Problem Feeders
Course description: This course will define the differences between picky eaters and problem feeders. We will review seven characteristics that can assist in differentiating between the two groups. Basic strategies will be discussed that may help parents and therapists treat picky eaters.
Presented by Irene Bible, M.S., CCC-SLP
Date: Friday, April 23, 2021
Time: 11 am pacific | 12 pm mountain | 1 pm central | 2 pm eastern
Irene specializes in oral motor disorders, swallowing/feeding disorders, aural habilitation, sensory processing disorders, and language delay/disorders. Originally from Maine, she received a B.S. in Communication Disorders from the University of Maine and a M.S. from Vanderbilt University. Irene has worked with children with a variety of disorders in the medical field as a speech/language/feeding therapist including The Bill Wilkerson Center, High Hopes Inc., and Centennial Hospital’s Pediatric Rehabilitation Center and Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. She opened a private practice in 2002 before joining the Dynamic family in 2007.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: Speech-language pathologists, physical therapists, and occupational therapists who work with children.
0:00 - Definitions of picky eaters and problem feeders
0:10 - Understanding seven differences between picky versus problem feeders
0:30 - Strategies for treating picky eaters
0:50 - Q/A session
1:00 - End course + quiz
Instructional level: Introductory (Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.)
Key learning outcomes:
As a result of this activity, the participant will be able to...
- Define picky versus problem feeders.
- List seven characteristics that differentiate the two groups.
- Describe strategies to treat picky eaters.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be made available on April 24, 2021.
- The course will be available for purchase as a recorded course until April 23, 2026.
- Once you register, you will have 30 days to access and complete the course.
- You may register before the course is available and will receive an email with the link to the course once it becomes available.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is a salaried employee at Dynamic Therapy Center.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 5-10 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.
- Once the exam is completed and you have provided feedback about the course, you will receive an emailed certificate of completion with course title, course instructor name/title, learning objectives, your name, your license number (if desired), and a signature from the CE Task Force director confirming completion of course.
Special accommodations: Please email us with any special needs (e.g., people with hearing loss, people with learning disabilities, etc) prior to the event.
Complaint policy: In the event that an individual is not satisfied with the organization’s continuing education program, we request a formal letter of complaint from the individual that outlines their concerns in writing. For more information, please read our full complaint policy.
Refund policy in the event that a participant cancels their registration.
In the event that a participant/subscriber registers for the live course and then cancels participation, no refund will be provided. The participant will have the opportunity to access the recorded presentation at no additional cost as part of their subscription or registration fee.