Course Webinar: Chemotherapy: What it Means for the Rehab Pro
Course description: This is a virtual 1-hr course designed to introduce physical therapists & occupational therapists to the basics of chemotherapy & how chemotherapy affects a person. This live course will focus on the broad categories & side effects of chemotherapy. This course will also include a brief case review of short- & long-term effects of chemotherapy on a person’s functional mobility.
Presented by Dr. Elise K. Cantu, PT - Board Certified Oncologic Clinical Specialist - LANA-Certified Lymphedema Therapist
Date: Tuesday, August 17, 2021
Time: 4 pm pacific | 5 pm mountain | 6 pm central | 7 pm eastern
Dr Elise Cantu is a Physical Therapist practicing in Fort Worth, Texas. She is extremely passionate about Oncologic Physical Therapy and patient care. She understands how frustrating it can be to find resources to treat Oncology patients and thus started TheOncoPT.
Duration: 1 hour.
Target audience: PTs, PTAs, OTs and COTAs who work with adults and children in outpatient, home health or inpatient rehabilitation settings.
Course accreditation: This course has been submitted for approval through CERS for PT accreditation in the state of California.
0:00: Introduction, review of course objectives, agenda
0:05: Introduction to Cancer and how cancer affects the body
0:10: Introduction to Chemotherapy and why it is used in cancer treatment
0:20: Overview of chemotherapy classes and their side effects
0:45: Case review and interactive discussion; Q&A
1:00: End of course
Instructional level: Introductory (Information is geared to practitioners with little or no knowledge of the subject matter. Focus is on providing general introductory information.)
Key learning outcomes:
- Describe Chemotherapy and its uses.
- Understand commonly used chemotherapies and how they affect the body.
- Explain long-term effects of chemotherapy on functional mobility.
- Apply knowledge gained to a patient case example.
- This course will be presented on the Zoom platform.
- High-speed internet connection is required.
Recorded course information:
- The recorded course will be made available on August 18, 2021.
- The course will be available for CEUs until August 17, 2026.
- You may register before the course is available and will receive an email with the link to the course once it becomes available.
- Presenter is being paid by Therapy Insights to prepare and present this course.
- Presenter is an Oncology CE instructor for other companies.
- Presenter is a salaried faculty member of Texas Christian University.
- Presenter is a Pediatric Lymphedema consultant with Brylan’s Feat Foundation.
- Presenter is the voice behind TheOncoPT podcast.
- Presenter is a core team member of Survivorship Solutions.
- Grandmother is a cancer survivor.
Instructional methodology: Lecture
Course completion requirements:
- Full attendance during webinar, as tracked by on-time login and online presence for the duration of the course.
- Passing score of 100% on a 5-10 question quiz. You will receive immediate feedback and be able to correct answers. We want to ensure that you have the correct information as presented in this course.
- Quiz needs to be completed within 2 hours of end of course.
- Completion of program evaluation form.