OT Bundle: Equipment, Devices, and Adaptations
This bundle comes with 6 tools for occupational therapists. Each resource focuses on a different piece of equipment, device, or adaptation. This bundle includes these resources:
Wheelchair Comfort: Air-Filled Cushion Inflation
This resource visualizes how to properly create an air-filled cushion in order to optimize comfort for patients who spend most of their time in a wheelchair. Includes evidence base related to ulcer sores and step-by-step instructions on how to properly inflate cushions.
Using a Walker Safely
This handout is designed for patients learning how to use a walker safely. The handout includes tips related to general safety, safe pathways, carrying items, and reaching.
Devices that Promote Independence for People with Dementia
This is a handout for caregivers of someone with dementia outlining resources to help maintain independence as long as possible.
Home Modifications to Optimize Independence
Living at home with a wheelchair can be a challenge. This resource provides a quick reference list of ideas to make a home more accessible in order to optimize independence.
Smart Home Devices to Optimize Safety and Independence
This resource provides a list of smart home devices that can be used to help promote safety and independence at home.
Clothes and the Reacher
The reacher is a simple yet powerful tool. This resource visualizes how people can use it with clothes to make dressing and undressing easier.
Full access PDF is $30. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 6 pages + cover page. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 27.7 MB.