Med SLP Bundle: Language and Writing Intervention Materials
This bundle comes with 7 tools for speech-language pathologists working with people who have aphasia or other language impairments. This bundle includes:
This handout is designed for speech-language pathologists working with people who have acquired brain injuries and agraphia. Written in a family-friendly format, the handout is appropriate for patients, staff, family, and caregivers and describes the etiology of agraphia as well as signs/symptoms, treatment, and strategies.
Task: Written Expression Tasks
Designed for speech-language pathologists addressing functional writing skills in a rehabilitation setting, this 3-page therapy tasks features two functional tasks, the first one targeting single words and the second task targeting sentence level production.
Quick Informal Written Expression Eval
This quick, informal assessment is designed for speech-language pathologists evaluating written expression skills in rehabilitation settings. Designed to be a quick and informal assessment, the eval provides information about ability to write basic personal information, numbers, words, phrases, and sentences.
- Ted.com for Language Treatment
TED.com can be used as a language treatment tool for individuals with aphasia. The videos can be used to address verbal expression, auditory comprehension, written expression, and reading comprehension goals with familiar and new topics. This handout explains how to address the patient’s treatment goals with this online resource.
- Word Association Web
This therapeutic activity has a variety of words in a web format in which a patient has to generate a target word that is associated with the two words that it is sandwiched between.
Word Finding Cues
This handout describes types of cues and a hierarchy of cueing used to help patients generate target words that can be used by therapists and/or caregivers when working with people who are experiencing aphasia.
Using Maps to Target Language Skills
This material will encourage the patient to use a map for different functional language activities targeting verbal expression, auditory comprehension, reading comprehension, and written expression.
Full access PDF is $35. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 11 pages + cover page. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 22.6 MB.