Med SLP Bundle: Awareness, Insight, and Behavior After Brain Injury
This bundle comes with 5 handouts designed to help patients, family, friends, caregivers, and staff understand changes to personality, insight, awareness, and behavior after someone has survived a brain injury. This bundle includes:
This handout describes the foundations of self-awareness as related to brain injury. This information breaks down intellectual awareness, emergent awareness, and anticipatory awareness and describes treatment processes in rehabilitation therapy that can improve self-awareness.
Self awareness! The solution to all safety and insight! The holy grail! Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. This handout is designed to help explain why it's not there and how we might be able to get it back. Includes information on what anticipatory self awareness is, how to assess it, and how to treat and/or manage it.
Oh boy. Right brain injury. Insight. Awareness. Etc! This handout is designed to help patients (and really, mostly their family and friends) understand the process of awareness and how it impacts recovery from brain injury. The handout includes ways to assess emergent awareness as well as ways to improve emergent awareness. Part of our self awareness series.
Behavior and Personality Changes After Brain Injury
Many patients and families struggle with the reality of the long-term changes in behavior and personality associated with brain injury. Includes descriptions of aggression, confabulation, emotional lability, lacking emotion, being put in unsafe situations, poor judgment, lack of initiation, disinhibition, agitation, and anxiety.
- Strategies for Improving or Managing Behavior and Personality Changes Following Brain Injury
A follow-up of the descriptions from the Behavior and Personality Changes following Brain Injury material in August’s Therapy Fix, this handout lists appropriate strategies and tips for caregivers and/or staff trying to improve or manage those difficult behavior and personality changes.
Full access PDF is $25. Once purchased, you may save to your computer and print as many times as needed for your clinical practice.
Please note that PDFs are not easily opened, saved, or manipulated on phones or tablets. We recommend only downloading on a computer after purchase. Digital download links will be available after payment on the checkout page and in your order confirmation via email. You will have 5 download attempts over 1 month to access the file. Only the purchaser may access and use the file for their own clinical practice.
It is ok to:
- Share a printed copy of this resource with a patient/client, their family members and friends, and non-SLP/OT/PT related staff such as nursing, home healthcare providers, physicians, CNAs, social services, dietitians, activities teams, teachers, caregivers, etc.
- Digitally share the file via online, secure, HIPAA-compliant teletherapy software platforms to any of the people listed in the above point in the context of teletherapy.
It is not ok to:
- Share any digital copy with clients outside of the context of teletherapy.
- Store these files in any publicly accessible online storage system, such as a shared Google drive or other online storage service.
- To share these files with other SLP/OT/PT related colleagues or friends. Please refer, don’t share.
Tech specs: Digital download. 5 pages + cover page. 8.5 x 11 inches. PDF format. 24 MB.